Boise Apartment Fire Was Due to Dryer

A family of five is displaced for a time after a dryer fire in their Boise apartment. The family, and 20 neighboring residents, evacuated the apartment building while fire crews arrived and quickly extinguished the flames. No residents or pets were injured, and the apartment sustained moderate damage overall, including heavy smoke damage.
There are over 15,500 dryer fires every year, and clogged dryer vents are considered the leading cause. The risk of fire can be reduced with yearly, professional cleanings, as recommended by dryer manufacturers.