It’s recommended that the dryer vent system in your Eagle, ID home be cleaned at least once a year, more often depending on frequency of use and if you have pets. Dryer vent cleaning is necessary maintenance for your dryer with benefits relating to health, efficiency, safety, and more.
- Reduce Fire Risk: There are approximately 15,500 fires a year in the United States where a dryer is the source, and the number one reason dryer fires start is failure to clean the dryer vent system.
- Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Dryer vents that are clogged with lint and other debris (socks, bird nests, etc) prevent exhaust fumes from exiting the vent line, leaving the gases to build up in your Eagle, ID home.
- Prevent/Eliminate Mold Issues: The air exiting through your dryer vent system is also taking the moisture from your wet clothes with it. A blocked or restricted vent line can’t properly expel the moisture, leaving it to condense into pools within the line or leaking into other parts of your home. This creates perfect conditions for mold and mildew growth.
- Energy/Money Savings: If your dryer vent system is clogged or not functioning properly, your dryer is going to work less efficiently, using more energy to dry each load.
- Extended Dryer Life: A blocked dryer vent means your dryer has to work harder to get the job done, leading to overheating and other issues.
- Increased Clothing Life: The heat buildup caused by a blocked dryer vent can damage your clothing. Also, the necessity, in such situations, to run longer dryer cycles can also cause wear.
- Save Time: When airflow through the dryer vent line is restricted, it takes longer to completely dry your clothes, meaning extended drying cycles and more time spent doing laundry.
Dryer Vent Wizard of Boise serves Eagle, ID and the Treasure Valley! Schedule your dryer vent cleaning today and experience the benefits!